Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Home Sweet Home! (Already?!?)

So we were gone for what seemed like forever!! (trust me 8 days is a long long time when you have a 3 year old with you, especially my 3 year old:)
Audrey & her cousins really liked Camp Carnival which was GREAT  because that gave us a little break every once in a while:)  They actually had dinner there 1 night...(2 for addison) I was 1 melt down away front jumping in the ocean:)
Ok... So not really:) & she really wasn't all that terrible,  it just sure seemed like it sometimes. Like when people were staring... Rude.

Anyway~ Off my soap box now lol! We all had a BLAST!! I won't show all my pics this post, but hopefully more in the very near future:)

We left Sat Jan 15th(last day of Nelson's paper route too! Yeah!! Way excited about that!)

Here's what happen's when you get  bored stiff from being in a car for 8 hours....






You take pictures of each other:)




Lovin me some Leapster 2! Great time occupier(I think maybe I made that word up?...:)
Actually as far as Miss Audrey is concerned, this is her DS. Whatever:)
 

Bet you can't guess what Nelson did on the way down......





Total shock I know!;) Rick (father inlaw) drove us down to Sour Lake. That is where Grandma Votaw lives. Love Grandma V!! It's about an hour or so from Galveston which is where our ship was heading out:) We stayed @ Grandma V's Sat night, then about 9 or so Sunday morning, OFF TO GALVESTON!

You can drive aroud Galveston on land, or you can drive your car onto the ferry & go on water:) Fun! We took the ferry b/c the girls wanted to feed the seagulls.




Jimmy, Addison & Natalie feeding the seagulls. Audrey was scared to death of the ferry... IT'S TOO LOUD!!!(her words) I'm thinkin there was something louder than that ON the ferry:) lol





Audrey spotted the ship from the ferry. DO NOT ask me how she did that! Addison(she's 8) looked & looked, couldn't find it & finally said, 'I'll just be surprised.':)  
The 1st close up of the ship:


Outside the terminal:



Jayne's gonna love me for this shot... Sorry Jayne! Check out Nelson's sweet little carry on:)



We went ahead of the rest of the group for awhile, which was no easy task b/c Audrey tought she had to be with her cousin's 24/7... Here Audrey got her first up look @ our ship:



She said something funny but I don't remember what it was.
 




When we all meet back up again, we went to eat. On the ship! Whoo Hoo! Best thing about the whole cruise...
Food was on the 9th deck, so you get some pretty cool views from up there.


They ate a lot of ice cream cones on this trip:)


Miss Natalie & her ice cream cone
 Oh FYI: The water in galveston. Not pretty. Period. No kidding.
The water in Grand Caymen: Beautiful. Hands down the prettiest water & beach you'll ever see:) Not Kidding:)

Saturday & Sunday were very long days... Nelson fell asleep almost as soon as his head hit the pillow in our cabin. I was laying in bed listening to audrey above me( in the fold down bunk) griping about not wanting to sleep in her own bed & feeling the ship rock when all the sudden she was quiet. Totally quiet. No sound @ all. Well we were on the 1st deck, so you could hear the engine a little more than the higher deck, but other thn that nothing. I thought, surely she didn't go to sleep that fast! After a few minutes of quiet, I got up & looked:




I guess the combination of the soft rumble of the engine & the slow rocking of the ship, put her to sleep:) I need something like this AT HOME!!

Monday January 17: 1st Sea Day

Sea days are generally pretty boring... Jayne & I took the girls to CC @ 10 then went to eat a late breakfast. We went to find a lounge chair after that:) We meet & talked to a lady from a texas UPC. She actually recognized Tip the 1st night.(imagine that, right?) Turns out we know her kids... small world.


Later about 12ish Nelson & Jimmy went & got the girls so we could all eat lunch. We took the girls for a swim a little later. It was a little chilly (at least to me) but they wanted to go:)





I wasn't the only one who thought it was cold:) Addison curled up on the chair beside me.





Being bossy

Enough for now, got suitcases to finish unpacking:) but here's a sneak peak of the rest of the week:




Jamaica~ Hey Mon! No Problem! (No kidding. That's their saying:)
 


Grand Caymen
 

Shops @ Cozumel


See ya mon! No problem:)

Lindsay


























                                             



5 comments:

  1. It looks like you all had a lot of fun! Great Pictures!!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's up with all the pictures of my backside?! You didn't get any of my face? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA. You totally crack me up Lindsay. You are such a goof.
    Hey...at least Audrey is cute...even if she is a little heathen at times...she's cute. She's got that going for her.
    She's such a mess. She kinda reminds me of her mommy and youngest aunt....yeah...a bit;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jayne~ I knew you'd love me for that:) I did get ONE of your face... ok, maybe 2:) lol

    Britt~ She has to be cute to make up for the mess part:) Her mommy's pretty much perfect so I'm thinkin it's from her aunties... Oh wait, just the two youngest:) weeelllll mostly.... J/k Jayne:) (Somebody throw me a shovel)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not blood related, I only have good influence . . . lol!

    ReplyDelete